Thursday, May 6, 2010

Take On Me

80's music at work today...  yeaaaaah.  Love it!  :)

I'm not perfect.  And there are so many things that I need to work on to get through life without being a person I never wanted to be.  It'll take a lot of work on my part, but I'm up to the challenge.  My self-deemed "heart of stone" needs to soften up - a lot.  My mom had always told me that leaving and going to college was for me.  A time to be selfish, a time to not worry about anything or anyone else but myself.  Unfortunately, I took that advice too extremely... because I am coming to realize that some decisions I have made out of selfishness were not the kind my mom meant.  And I feel horrible.

I need to get my priorities straight.  I need work on seeing things from others people's perspectives, put myself in their shoes.  I need to remember the Golden Rule.  I've got a lot to work on.... And not just to help my relationships with other people, but also to help myself.  To learn from the past, but keep it behind me.  To start anew.  To grow.  To mature.  For my happiness and success.

The next ten days will be good for us.  Then - a fresh start.  Because I don't know what I'd do without you.

"So needless to say I'm odds and ends, but that's me stumbling away, slowly learning that life is okay."  ~a-ha, Take On Me

No comments: