Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sway

I can't believe it's already Wednesday!  This summer is just going to fly by!  I had to stop by RoCo to get a new pound of coffee.  Going for the Costa Rica this time!

I can't decide what I think about how public I want this blog to be.  It has always been and will always will be for me as my outlet... along the same lines as a journal.  I never intended it to be read by anyone else - or at least anyone else who I knew.  My writing was completely free.  Unrestricted.  Limitless.  At the time, I was better off not knowing who, if anyone, was reading my blog.  Now suddenly, people I know, people who are close to me are reading what I have to write.  It's kind of crazy the way things have turned around...  My knowledge of them makes my writing a little less free.  I notice that there are some things that I am a little more reluctant to talk about via this blog.  Yet, it's actually sweet knowing that what I have to say does matter - that people are taking time out of their day to read what I have to say.  That they can see this other side of me and learn some things that I probably otherwise wouldn't just put out there.  I like the change!  It's welcomed, to say the least  :)  I dunno if I'm at the point of being more open about the fact that I have a blog... but I am getting there.  I just need to stop being so worried about saying the wrong thing.  I need to stop caring what other people think.  Have a voice of my own, and trust that I will use it to the best of my ability without giving unreasonable amounts of consideration to how I come off to others, because first and foremost - this blog is for me.  That is the person I want to be.

"Be whoever you have to be, I won't judge you, sing whatever you have to sing to get it out and not become a recluse about how to get it out."  ~The Kooks, Sway

No comments: