Monday, March 8, 2010

Smoke and Mirrors

Oscars last night were awesome. D and I called just about everything - the only surprise for us was Jeff Bridges. But from what I hear, it was well deserved. Now I want to see his movie, Up In The Air, and The Hurt Locker. OH! And for some absurd reason, I want to see The Lovely Bones too... But I'm still a little unsure. I thought for a second that I wanted to see District 9, but my brother informed me that I probably wouldn't like it - which was my original decision about the movie. haha

Today went by in a flash and I honestly couldn't tell you how. Maybe because I did absolutely nothing yesterday - including skipping my 7 mile run - and was so productive today. However, as weird as it is, I'm not tired at all. Was up at 6 am, went spinning, didn't have time for a power nap... and still going strong. It's kind of crazy actually. Oh and on top of it, I dunno what to do with myself. Yeah.

"Gonna break out of this place we're in, running out of time and out of sin." ~Lifehouse, Smoke and Mirrors

4 comments:

k8dur2u said...

Okay, first of all, I love D9 (District 9)!!! It is not your regular alien movie, it has themes such as subjugation, discrimination, and internment. Intelligently written with great narrative. In addition, the movie was shot like a documentary, which was refreshing. However, the weakness of this movie was how it approach those themes mentioned above. Due to the fact that is an alien movie, those themes were not hit hard enough for regular audiences (mormons) to recognize. I highly recommend it! As for Up In The Air and Hurt Locker, I think I have both of them somewhere in my computer...wanna watch? Still gotta watch Paranormal Activity with you..

pouring_rain44 said...

Okay... maybe I will actually watch it! Then I can make my own opinion about it. Um YES please, I definitely want to watch!! And I did tell you I'd watch Paranormal Activity with you... though I'm sure I'll regret it cause I'm a pussy, I am a woman of my word ;)

k8dur2u said...

I have D9 too btw. Now, when do u usually work? I need to clean and sanitize my room before I can let u come over. What u wanna watch first? I don't know when this can happen cuz I've been pretty darn busy with great ol' school. I was thinking of inviting Sam over too. :-)

pouring_rain44 said...

I've been really busy too, so now worries, it'll happen :) I usually am busy until about 6 everyday and then on Mon and Wed nights I have class... what about like this or next Saturday or something? And if it's cool, I'd really love to see Up In The Air first....