Sunday, March 21, 2010

Breakaway

I read in my Psychology Today that "happiness isn't a moment-by-moment experience; the deepest, most endurancing form of happiness is the result of sustained emotional investments in other people." When I think about it, it's exactly true. I am at my absolute happiest when I'm with the people I have invested in - no matter what we're doing. It also made me realize that I don't make a lot of emotional investments anymore. Maybe that's something I could work on... Using my time to be more open to people. My mag also says the "happiness is about holding onto your values, deciding who you are and being that person, using your particular talents, and investing in others." Deciding who I am. Not necessarily figuring out, but making the decision for myself, about myself. I like it. :)

Alright, so after I posted this on here, I finished reading that magazine and passed it on to my mom - as always. So we're in the car driving back and she's goes, "oh listen to this...." and reads the exact two excerpts that I have posted here. haha Very, very interesting! Great minds must think alike.

"I'll spread my wings and I'll learn to fly, I'll do what it takes til I touch the sky." ~Kelly Clarkston, Breakaway

No comments: