Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Girls in Their Summer Dresses

Zion National Park was simply magnificent. It was so incredibly gorgeous and breathtaking - there's no way for me to describe it here that would even come close to how beautiful it actually is! We hiked Angel's Landing (but not the last half a mile because it's basically on the edge of rock with a chain that you can hold onto - so I guess you could say that we hiked to Scout's Lookout), Emerald Pools, Temple of Sinawava, East Rim, and the Canyon Overlook (that's just after the tunnel on the Zion-Mt. Carmel Highway). We biked from where we stayed in southern part of Springdale along the river to the Canyon Jucntion and around. It was really nice! We had a really good time. Also, figured out that Switchback Jack's Sports Grill has the BEST house fries EVER. Seriously, ever. Made it back today with time to stop by IKEA. My parent's had never been before and wanted to know what all the hype was about. Also, they are in the process of remodeling their kitchen and still have to decide on a few fixtures, so they wanted to go see if they could get any more ideas. It was a great start to Spring Break, so so nice to get to spend that time with my parents! I really miss them and am always just so happy and so in the moment when I'm with them. It's great. :)

Got to get back on working more on my health and nutrition and weight loss. Not that I haven't been healthy or anything like that, I just need to get my head back in the game because this isn't just where I want to settle. I do have a goal in mind and I intend to hit that goal. It was nice to chat with my mom about that these past few days to get in my head what I need to be doing and have her support and understanding. I wonder if I should consider getting back on WW or just try to pull D along with me so we can really support each other to reach our goals.

I've got three exams next week after Spring Break and haven't started studying for a single one of them... not that I'm too worried or anything - I already have the exam questions for two of the exams - I just need to sit down and map them out very ahead of time this time so I can feel really prepared and maybe actually even go in and chat with my History professor.

Looking forward to weekend numero dos of March Madness!!! Hopefully the last three of my picks for Final Four can push through and not disappoint! Gonna be some really awesome games.

"If you asked me? Yes, I'd like to dance." ~Airborne Toxic Event, The Girls in Their Summer Dresses

No comments: