Sunday, June 13, 2010

Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm

Aahh Sunday.  I had no intent of doing much of anything today and yet, it's not even 1 pm and I have already done my workout for the day - which was sufficiently horrible by the way.  That Jillian Michaels sure is a bitch.  haha  I am going to be hella sore tomorrow.  Truth be told, it was a great workout.  So if you're looking for a good workout DVD, I've liked all of the ones with Jill, today was The Biggest Loser's Last Chance Workout.

I just started reading the book The Road by Cormac McCarthy on Friday because I hear it's so good.  And I hadn't realized that they made it a movie this past winter, so I also want to see it once I'm finished.  From what my dad tells me, the book is so much better and the movie doesn't add much - which is what I would have expected - but I always like to compare the two.  I've talked to a few people who saw the movie without reading the book and they have said that it's just depressing and horrible, to say the least - which is also expected.  So far the book is amazing, McCarthy has this style of writing that makes the book hard to put down.  More on that once I'm finished...

I know this past week my posts have been full of my renewed outlook on my life ahead of me.  Although I don't wish to bore you any further with the basically the same post again today, I just have to say that reflecting on the past week, I am so glad to feel like I have a place in this life.  That being said, the need for me to figure out how to and BE a sister to my brothers hasn't so much come to my attention as it has been thrown in my face.  It's something that I need to figure out - and quickly.

On a more humorous note, you wanna know how long it takes me to choose two bottles of wine out at the liquor store?  Approximately 45 minutes.  hahaha  D can tell you what it's like following me back and forth and back and forth indecisively for almost an hour when I originally said, "I'm going to stop at the liquor store real quick."

"She couldn't quite explain it, they'd always just been there."  ~Crash Test Dummies, Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm

No comments: