Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Electric Avenue

So I think it’s safe to say that I am blog-tarded. haha I am having a really hard time trying to figure all the features of WordPress! S has told me on numerous occasions and after seeing how much better the same Pearls Before Swine cartoon looked on his page, I am actually considering taking this blog to WordPress.  A part of me just wants to quit trying and go back to what I know here at blogspot… but at the same time, I am so determined to figure this shit out to make the switch! I might need someone who is WordPress literate over my shoulder to help me out here shortly to keep my frustration at bay.

I also am just an idiot in general... here are two recent situations in which I condsider myself idiot-worthy.  First, I got this new plant garden thingy that is super cute!  It's about a 4-ounce pot and had a condensed dirt pellet and some seeds and picture instructions that were:  1) put dirt in pot, 2) pour 2 ounces of water in the pot, 3) add seeds.  Well I did all that.  But then it didn't tell me what to do next.  So the next day I gave it some water...  Well, "some" is a considerable understatement.  Cause I'm pretty positive I drowned my f*cking plant.  :(  Okay, situation number two.  Decided that it would be an awesome idea to shower today.  Since I'm basically a hippie anymore and try to shower as little as I can get away with (thanks C for showing me the great perks of hippie-ness), it was actually one of the best ideas I've had all day.  I also thought that it would be a wonderful idea to start the dishwasher cause it was full and the dishes were dirty!  Also a stellar idea.  However, like the idiot I am, I started the dishwasher AND THEN jumped in the shower...  yeah, I got both scalded and frost bite multiple times in that 20 minute period.  I'm pretty sure that was God's way of punishing me for having two such good ideas in quick succession.  I think I deserve that Idiot of the Day award.  In fact, I've already got my acceptance speech all ready...  :)

“Workin’ so hard like a soldier, can’t afford a thing on TV.” ~Eddy Grant, Electric Avenue

No comments: