Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Love The Way You Lie

Learned a few new things the other day that I hadn't given thought to previously.  I thought I'd share them because I found them so interesting and because they are two things that I hope to incorporate in my life. 

First is the concept of the Platinum Rule versus the Golden Rule.  The Golden Rule states that you are supposed to "treat others as you would want to be treated."  Well - even better - the Platinum Rule is that you should "treat others the way that they want to be treated."  Considering others.  Hmmm.  There's a thought.  Not that I would say that I'm inconsiderate, but I definitely could get better at this Platinum Rule thing!

Another thing we were talking about was the concept of the grass being greener where you water it.  Not the other side!  Where you make the effort and nourish it and give it what it needs.  Taking this into account as it applies to life - going through something with full force, giving it your all, and having faith in it.  Just working with what you have in front of you and not just wanting to be on "the other side."  Because you can have it just as good, and probably even better, where you put your efforts, no matter what they are.

"Now you get to watch her leave out the window, guess that's why they call it window pane."  ~Eminem feat. Rihanna, Love The Way You Lie

No comments: