Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Everyday Is A Winding Road

What a day.  If I could think of anything to describe how things have changed for me most recently, I'd have to say "word vomit."  Seriously, I can't shut up!  I don't think I'm being annoying - but I might actually just be.  Just tell me to shove it, I understand.  I just feel like there's so much that I want to talk about!  And that's such a good thing.  For so so long, I had nothing to say.  I didn't feel like it really mattered what I had to say, nor did I think it was important.  Not that I think what I have to say now is that interesting or dire or critical, by any means...  but just to feel like I'm able to talk has already felt really good.  Not only can I not type fast enough today it seems, but I just can't wait to get home and talk to D!!

I don't want to do today.  But I need to get it f*cking over with.  Cause now it's just ridiculous and I feel like it's the one last thing that's holding me back.  After today, I will finally feel completely resolved of all my past problems... not that they are even all fixed or back to normal.  No.  But they will have all been addressed so I can continue to move forward to becoming better.

I had a great meeting about becoming a member of SHRM - the Society for Human Resource Management - on campus!  I'm really looking forward to getting more involved and reaching for my dream of working in HR.  I feel like the journey officially started this morning, and I couldn't be more thrilled.

"I'm just wondering why I feel so all alone, why I'm a stranger in my own life."  ~Sheryl Crow, Everyday Is A Winding Road

No comments: