Friday, June 18, 2010

Breathe

Found a new, hilarious blog to follow thanks to D.  Hyperbole and a half.  Illustrated stories of silliness and adulthood that are all real life.  Hope you enjoy it as much as I have so far today!  I have been busting my gut - both her writing and her pictures alone and together make for such funny stories!

I'm tired today.  I think this past week of fun-having has just worn me out.  Sure, I've been getting a decent amount of sleep and everything... I think it's social exhaustion.  Not that I'm sick of people or sad or just want to be isolated or anything.  I'm just all talked out and would love to just chill and just be in the presence of those people who I am most comfortable with.  That would be my perfect way to end this Friday.  Quiet.  Glass of wine in hand.  Soaking in the sun with some of my favorite peeps.

"There's a light at each end of this tunnel, you shout 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out."  ~Anna Nalick, Breathe

7 comments:

Sujal said...

A bit late with this comment, but I'm completely jealous that you know what you want to do and are working towards it.

Well, I guess I'm in the same boat... but your boat is heading somewhere. Mine's got a hole in it and is quickly sinking...

pouring_rain44 said...

Aw well thank you. I've been in that sinking ship, so I understand. Hopefully this second time around things work out, at least better, than I thought they were going to the first time. I've got a much healthier outlook on life this time though, so at the very least, that will be much more beneficial and I think significantly less of a let down should things not work out.

Your boat isn't going to sink, Sujal. :)

Sujal said...

Nah, the boat is sinking. Its almost like being in the Titanic... except that I couldn't afford something so big. It's more like a kayak. ;)

The question is... can I get out of it before it goes down? I'm trying, but I don't like swimming so it's hard.

(And what is with me all these analogies and what-not?)

Healthier outlook... I think thats what I need

pouring_rain44 said...

haha well unlike the Titanic, if a kayak flips, you can just flip it right back over! And don't even worry, I like the analogies. :)

Yep, it was my change in thinking about life and how I'm the one that has to live mine that helped me float my lil' sailboat.

Sujal said...

Hm. Like I don't question that I have to live my life, that's the not problem.

I guess the biggest problem I have is that I expected that, I don't know... I'd get some help (god or whoever). Which, well... I really haven't, and it's kinda thrown me off. I think the sooner I can get over expecting some help (which, for some reason is taking longer than I'd like), the quicker I can get going.

I can't flip it though. I'm weak. And I'm currently sinking in the ocean, because I don't care to swim. ;)

pouring_rain44 said...

Yeah, I understand. Well at least the fact that you can acknowledge that's what's holding you back is a huge step, in itself.

Ever heard of Dead Man's Float? They got "dead" built right into the title, along with "float" so you have no excuse :) http://www.ehow.com/how_6582_survival-float.html

Sujal said...

lol. Well I guess I'll have to learn that.

And then find a way to "dead man float" through life ;)