Wednesday, February 3, 2010

WEDNESDAY

Is it seriously only Wednesday? Geez these last few weeks have been going by so incredibly slow... I guess it's kinda nice, but on days like today it's like, "seriously?!"

Good news! Met with my favorite professor about getting some research experience under my belt and getting mentored by her for - *fingers crossed* - grad school and she agreed!! So now that I'm realizing that graduation is actually coming sooner than I expected it, I need to start being more proactive and competetive about my college career and kick it into gear. Lots of work and research to come, but hopefully it will all pay off in due time. Which reminds me, I need to meet with my advisor about taking the GRE... hmm... No more f*cking around!

Bad news! I think I have a stress fracture in my right tibia. Yeah. It does suck, I know. It's been bugging me for the past 2 weeks and has not gotten better. BUT since it was just yesterday that it dawned me to do some research about it, I read how I can help it so I think I'm going to try that for a little bit before making a doctor's appt. Which maybe actually isn't a good idea, but I suppose I don't want to admit to myself that my leg is screwed and this half-marathon training is going to have to wait for awhile.... caaaause honestly, it can't wait for awhile. Damn. So pretty much, I'm hoping that gets fixed magically.

Yesterday I had to do some light grocery shopping and decided to get a rotisserie chicken to have for dinner last night and pretty much for meals the rest of week. Best decision ever. Not only is it delicious, but it's cheap and will go a long ways AND I'll get a suffient amount of protein! It's all good. Definitely going to have to plan that into my meals, cause it was pretty brilliant, if I do say so myself :)

No comments: