Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine's Day Eve

'Twas the night before Valentine's Day and all through the house, the only creature that was stirring was - - MY BROTHER'S BRAND NEW PET LIZARD. So my brother got a new lizard today and it's a BAMF for sure! I proposed he name it Geronimo, but he has yet to decide. haha

So as you can probably tell I came home to visit this Valentine's/President's Day weekend for a little bit. It was a much needed and actually well desevered break to come home for awhile. Not only have I been feeling a tad homesick since it's been 6 or 7 weeks since I've last been home, but I've also been working my ass off this semester to keep on top of things and it's paying off! This weekend came at a great time and I luckily happened to have today off work so I thought I'd come up for a visit. And it's been great! I'm really happy to be here! :)

Today I tried yoga for the first time... my dad does the P90X workouts pretty religiously and today was yoga so I did it with him. It's actually kind of funny because earlier this week I was talking to "that guy" about how I had never tried yoga before but I wasn't in any hurry to either, so it was pretty ironic that 2 days later, my dad asks if I want to join him! As it turns out, I suck at yoga. I did not find an inner peace, my balance is horrible, it really hurt my knees and hip flexors, and I did not find it fun at all. Don't get me wrong, yoga is not as easy as it looks and for anyone who does yoga and loves yoga - kudos to you, man. Caaaause it was simply not my cup of tea.

Watching Inglourious Basterds for the first time tonight too! And it was AMAZING. Nothing like what I had expected, a hell of a lot more entertaining and sooooo incredibly well done! The acting, the score, the cinematography, the story line, the editing.... all stellar. I can see why it was nominated as Best Picture for an Oscar!! And honestly, I kinda hope it wins! Definitely going to have to see that one again... maybe I just ought to buy it... hmm. But anyways, yep, I'd recommend it to anyone!

One last thing - - I'm still smitten as hell this weekend... and it's a great feeling. :D Laters!

No comments: